Your Legal Team
Your Legal Team:
- 3 dental lawyers (started in 2010).
- Focused on helping dentists like you buy / sell practices, incorporate, lease space, deal with employees and associates, and get Wills and Powers of Attorney.
- We help connect sellers and buyers through www.DentalPlace.ca. You can click on these links to can read the 10 reasons why dentists sell with us and the 10 reasons why dentists buy with us.
- We help dentists like you, regardless of where you are physically located in Ontario (e.g. Toronto, Ottawa, London, Kingston, Hamilton, Niagara, Kenora, Picton, Bracebridge, etc.). We love traveling to see you (particularly if there is a warm beach involved)!
- David Mayzel and Michael Carabash (the two founding partners) wanted to learn more about your business, so they both obtained Certificates in Dental Practice Management from U of T / Transitions.
- We love to educate you. That’s why we have hundreds of blog posts on this website (Dentist Lawyers.ca), a 200+ page regularly updated eBook entitled “Ontario Dental Law” (available for free – just request it!), videos, and publications in Ontario Dentist magazine and Dental Practice Management / Oral Health Office magazine. You can read our publications here. We also present on legal and marketing topics at dental associations, study clubs, bank-hosted events, universities (e.g. U of T and Schulich), and at destination courses (e.g. Turks and Caicos, Bermuda, Barbados, Palm Springs in California, etc.).
- Michael Carabash has been quoted in the National Post, Toronto Star, and Metro News for talking about the dental industry. You can see our media here.
- We offer lots of solutions to help you save money, time, maintain control and avoid future legal headaches. We have a website (Dentist Legal Forms.com) that offers online automated legal forms for dentists who want to get their Wills and Powers of Attorney or prepare a Letter of Intent to buy / sell a dental practice.
- We want you to be comfortable communicating with us – without watching the clock. That’s why we typically charge based on fixed fees (so there are no hidden surprises) – except for lease and associate agreement negotiations (which are difficult to predict).
- We are not just “paper pushers”. We fight to help you get the best deal (e.g. save money, avoid disputes, maintain control, protect your right, etc.). We truly care about you and want you to have a good experience working with us.
- You get to deal with us directly (not some staff member). You get us when you need us.
- We know your time is precious. That’s why we pride ourselves on being very responsive. We try to get back to our clients as soon as possible and, in any event, no later than 24 hours.
- We are available to help you at all stages of your career (associating, leasing, starting up a practice, employing staff, buying / selling a practice, etc.).
- We are heavily involved in the dental community. Just take a look at our 2013, 2014, and 2015 News and Events. We are also members of DIAC (Dental Industry Association of Canada), a lobby group for the dental industry.
How did we start?
DMC LLP is a boutique dental law firm located in Toronto (North York). The name “DMC” comes from the first initials of the two founding partners: David Mayzel and Michael Carabash. DMC LLP started in 2010 when a dentist convinced us to only work for Ontario dentists. We thought it was a good idea and haven’t looked back since. Our partnership was formally registered in the spring of 2011 and we’ve been focused exclusively on dentists like you get your legal affairs in order.
Our personal bios:
David Mayzel received his B.A. in 1998 from the University of Western Ontario (London, Ontario) and his LL.B. in 2001 from Aberdeen University (Aberdeen, Scotland). Before DMC LLP, David worked at a multi-service law firm, a commercial litigation boutique, and as a sole practitioner. He is called to the Bar in Ontario and is a Notary Public. David also holds a Certificate in Dental Practice Management from Transitions Group and the University of Toronto (Class of 2013). David is also the co-founder of Dentist Legal Forms.com, a website that offers online automated legal forms for dentists.
Michael Carabash received his B.A. in 2003 from the University of Toronto, his LL.B. and J.D. in 2007 from Osgoode Hall Law School and his M.B.A. in 2007 from the Schulich School of Business. Before DMC LLP, Michael worked in the legal departments of governments, a bank, law firms, and as a sole practitioner. He is called to the Bar in Ontario and is a Notary Public. Michael also holds a Certificate in Dental Practice Management from Transitions Group and the University of Toronto (Class of 2012). Michael has published numerous articles in dental trade magazines, including Ontario Dentist, Profitable Practice, and Dental Practice Management. Michael has also been quoted in the National Post, Toronto Star, and Metro News as an authority on the dental industry. Those articles can be found on this website. Michael is also the founder of Dentist Legal Forms.com, a website that offers online automated legal forms for dentists. Michael is married and has a baby boy named Michael.
Ljubica Durlovska is a dental lawyer and the newest member of DMC LLP. Ljubica received her B.A. in 2006 from the University of Western Ontario (London, Ontario) and her LL.B. in 2010 from La Trobe University (Melbourne, Australia). She articled with DMC LLP and was called to the Bar in Ontario in January 2013. Before DMC LLP, Ljubica worked in-house at a mid-size development company, a Wills and Estates boutique law firm, and Legal Aid Ontario. Ljubica will be obtaining her Certificate in Dental Practice Management in 2014. Ljubica is married to Mike.
David, Michael, and Ljubica are a truly dynamic team. Their diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences will help you get the best deal possible. They are here to help you get your legal affairs in order while promoting your interests and protecting your rights. They pride themselves on being responsive, educating their clients, and providing exceptional legal services in a timely fashion. Most of their legal services are provided on a flat-rate or fixed fee basis.
David, Michael, and Ljubica help dentists buy and sell practices, incorporate, lease space, deal with employment matters (including associate agreements), and get their Wills and estates in order.
Dentists like you have come from all over Ontario to hire DMC LLP because of our special knowledge, skills and experiences. Be sure to contact us if you have any comments, questions, or concerns. We love hearing from dentists!
Here are what dentists like you have said about us:
Testimonial from a dentist who retained David and Michael to get employee contracts in place:
“This past year, I purchased my first dental clinic…and its employees. When crunch time came, I realized simple handshakes with staff members were no longer adequate and contracts were a necessity. I was panicking as many staff members had been on board 15 or more years. Enter David and Micheal. They guided me through the entire process of designing and implementing the contracts. They helped me focus and make decisions regarding specific staff policies that were unique to my clinic, and advised me as to absolutely mandatory clauses that would help protect me. They provided clear guidance on ways to introduce the contracts so as to create as little tension in the office as possible. Within weeks, I had custom contracts delivered, signed and returned from all different team members. What I found truly incredible was their availability- these two seem to work around the clock to get a job done. I am very pleased with the final contracts, and with how my staff accepted them.”
Testimonial from a dentist who engaged DMC LLP to put an offer on a practice and also use the Letter of Intent Wizard:
“I searched dentist lawyers on Google and DMC LLP came up. So I called and David answered, I explained that we were looking to purchase our first dental practice and needed a lawyer to help us with the offer. David was extremely helpful and gave us his 200%, I was so impressed that I did not even want to call anyone else. He was willing to work with our crazy schedule and go out of his way to help us. He even stayed on the phone with us till midnight explaining everything we needed to know to purchase our first practice. We used the Letter of Intent Wizard to draft our offer. It’s user friendly, and creates a perfect LOI tailored to your requirements. David even reviewed the completed LOI, and submitted the offer on our behalf. Although our offer was not accepted, the experience with David was an unforgettable one. I will surely be using David for all my future purchases.”
Dr. S., DDS
Testimonial from a dentist who engaged DMC LLP and used the Letter of Intent Wizard to purchase a dental practice:
“Having just purchased a practice with the help of DMC LLP, I have so many wonderful things to say in this testimonial. From day one, Michael was amazing! He explained the process (which was more complicated than I thought) and kept everything organized and on track. He answered my questions, phone calls and emails in more than a timely manner and it was comforting to know that he was available if I needed him. David and Ljubica came onto the scene later in the deal and I am grateful to have worked with them as well. The three of them are a true “dream team” and I have the utmost confidence that they have executed their legal roles absolutely perfectly. In addition to being great lawyers, they are also very caring, friendly and fun. I leave with a perfect practice deal, a dental law firm that I will continue to use and recommend to my colleagues, and a whole new appreciation for tequila (thank you Michael!).”
Dr. A.B., DDS
Read all of our testimonials here.