Why Dentists Love Us
Michael Carabash, Ljubica Durlovska and David Mayzel
Why Dentists Love Us:
Click HERE to read real dentist testimonials.
We are a new kind of law firm. One that caters ONLY to Ontario dentists. Our law firm is built around you: we care about educating you, protecting you, and getting you / saving you the most money. How do we do it? We are a 1 stop shop for dentists. We help you negotiate associate agreements that are fair for you. We help you set up that professional corporation to take advantage of all the tax-saving opportunities that abound. We help you negotiate that lease for your start up and hire new staff to help build your business. We help sell your practice (including preparing it for sale, marketing it, and doing all the legal work to actually sell it) in a way that maximizes your return and minimizes your costs – AND for NO COMMISSIONS! That’s why real estate salespeople dislike us. Because we do their jobs, but better and we end up saving dentists tens of thousands of dollars! Plus, we use the latest technology to help you get your Wills and Powers of Attorney completed. And we do this while charging fixed rate fees so you know how much you’ll end up paying. No hourly rate. No hidden fees. We have reinvented professional services for dentists. We believe we are a law firm that you’ll come to love and trust for all of your business legal needs. We’re here to help and we’re very responsive, so give us a call.
Your Legal Team:
- We are a team of 3 dental lawyers, focused on helping dentists sell / buy practices.
- We also help dentists incorporate, lease space, deal with employees and associates, enter into shareholder / partnership agreements, and get their Wills and Powers of Attorney in order.
- We started our niche practice in late 2010.
- Our dentist clients come from all over Ontario (e.g. Toronto, Ottawa, London, Kingston, Hamilton, Niagara, Kenora, Bracebridge, etc.).
- David Mayzel and Michael Carabash (the two founding partners) and Ljubica Durlovska have a Certificate in Dental Practice Management (C.D.P.M.) from U of T / Transitions.
- Michael Carabash writes regularly for Ontario Dentist and Oral Health Office
- Michael Carabash has been quoted in the National Post, Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, and Metro News for talking about the dental industry.
- Our law firm’s website is dentistlawyers.ca (where you can see our 500+ blog posts, magazine and newspaper articles, videos, etc.).
- We provide our 300+ page eBook entitled “Ontario Dental Law” for free to dentists and update it twice a year.
- We present on legal topics to dental associations, study clubs, bank hosted events, 4th year dental students, dentists at destination courses (e.g. Beaches Negril in Jamaica, Bermuda through UWO, 7 Day Caribbean Cruise through U of T, 7 Day Disney Resort in Hawaii through U of T, etc.), continuing education courses, professional groups, industry associations (e.g. we are members of the Dental Industry Association of Canada), etc.
- In 2013, we launched DentistLegalForms.com, a website that offers online automated legal forms for dentists (e.g. Letters of Intent, Wills and Dual Wills, Powers of Attorneys, etc.).
- We are not just “paper pushers”. We are professional advisors who want to get the best deal for our clients (e.g. save money, avoid disputes, advance their interests, protect their rights, etc.). We truly care about our clients and want them to have a good experience working with us. You can read 50 dentist testimonials here: http://www.dentistlawyers.ca/dentist-testimonials
- You get to deal with us directly (not some staff member). You get us when you need us.
- We are very responsive. We try to get back to our clients as soon as possible.
- We educate you along the way (who else will write an eBook, 500+ blog posts, articles in dental trade magazines, do presentations for dentists and other professionals in the industry?). And we spend the time doing it.
- We are available to help dentists at all stages of their career (associating, leasing, starting up a practice, employing staff, buying / selling a practice, etc.).
- We were recently featured in a National Post article entitled “Finding their Niche: Young Lawyers Bite Into the Dental Market”. That article can be found here: http://www.dentistlawyers.ca/national-post-article-about-dmc-law/29/
- We were recently featured in a Globe and Mail article entitled “Tech Savvy Law Firm Caters Exclusively to Dentists”. That article can be found here: http://www.dentistlawyers.ca/globe-and-mail-article-about-dmc-law/11/
- We recently launched a new service to dentists called DentalPlace.ca (a listing service for dentists looking to sell their practice). Here’s the press release: http://www.dentistlawyers.ca/www-dentalplace-ca-where-dentists-go-to-buy-sell-dental-practices/31/
- We recently established a Jamaica Outreach Program which sees dentists, hygienists, and dental students go to Jamaica for 10 days (volunteering for 5 days) and have their accommodations paid for by Sandals / Beaches resorts. Here’s the relevant info: http://www.dentistlawyers.ca/reflections-on-jamaica-trip-part-2/11/ . We were recently featured in the Globe and Mail for our outreach program. That article can be found here: http://www.dentistlawyers.ca/globe-and-mail-article-about-our-jamaica-dental-outreach-program/13/
If you want to know more about us, just click on the image below:
How did we start?
DMC LLP is a boutique dental law firm located in Toronto (North York). The name “DMC” comes from the first initials of the two founding partners: David Mayzel and Michael Carabash. DMC LLP started in 2010 when a dentist convinced us to only work for Ontario dentists. We thought it was a good idea and haven’t looked back since. Our partnership was formally registered in the spring of 2011 and we’ve been focused exclusively on dentists like you get your legal affairs in order.
Our personal bios:
David Mayzel received his B.A. in 1998 from the University of Western Ontario (London, Ontario) and his LL.B. in 2001 from Aberdeen University (Aberdeen, Scotland). Before DMC LLP, David worked at a multi-service law firm, a commercial litigation boutique, and as a sole practitioner. He is called to the Bar in Ontario and is a Notary Public. David also holds a Certificate in Dental Practice Management from Transitions Group and the University of Toronto (Class of 2013). David is also the co-founder of Dentist Legal Forms.com, a website that offers online automated legal forms for dentists, and www.DentalPlace.ca, a website that advertises the sale of dental practices.
Michael Carabash received his B.A. in 2003 from the University of Toronto, his LL.B. and J.D. in 2007 from Osgoode Hall Law School and his M.B.A. in 2007 from the Schulich School of Business. Before DMC LLP, Michael worked in the legal departments of governments, a bank, law firms, and as a sole practitioner. He is called to the Bar in Ontario and is a Notary Public. Michael also holds a Certificate in Dental Practice Management from Transitions Group and the University of Toronto (Class of 2012). Michael has published numerous articles in dental trade magazines, including Ontario Dentist, Profitable Practice, and Dental Practice Management. Michael has also been quoted in the National Post, Toronto Star, and Metro News as an authority on the dental industry. Those articles can be found on this website. Michael is also the founder of Dentist Legal Forms.com, a website that offers online automated legal forms for dentists, and www.DentalPlace.ca, a website that advertises the sale of dental practices. Michael is married and has a baby boy named Michael.
Ljubica Durlovska received her B.A. in 2006 from the University of Western Ontario (London, Ontario) and her LL.B. in 2010 from La Trobe University (Melbourne, Australia). She articled with DMC LLP and was called to the Bar in Ontario in January 2013. Ljubica also holds a Certificate in Dental Practice Management from Transitions Group and the University of Toronto (Class of 2015) Before DMC LLP, Ljubica worked in-house at a mid-size development company, a Wills and Estates boutique law firm, and Legal Aid Ontario. Ljubica will be obtaining her Certificate in Dental Practice Management in 2014.
David, Michael, and Ljubica are a truly dynamic team. Their diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences will help you get the best deal possible. They are here to help you get your legal affairs in order while promoting your interests and protecting your rights. They pride themselves on being responsive, educating their clients, and providing exceptional legal services in a timely fashion. Most of their legal services are provided on a flat-rate or fixed fee basis.
David, Michael, and Ljubica help dentists buy and sell practices, incorporate, lease space, deal with employment matters (including associate agreements), and get their Wills and estates in order.
Dentists like you have come from all over Ontario to hire DMC LLP because of our special knowledge, skills and experiences. Be sure to contact us if you have any comments, questions, or concerns. We love hearing from dentists!
Here are what dentists like you have said about us:
Testimonial from a dentist who retained David and Michael to get employee contracts in place:
“This past year, I purchased my first dental clinic…and its employees. When crunch time came, I realized simple handshakes with staff members were no longer adequate and contracts were a necessity. I was panicking as many staff members had been on board 15 or more years. Enter David and Micheal. They guided me through the entire process of designing and implementing the contracts. They helped me focus and make decisions regarding specific staff policies that were unique to my clinic, and advised me as to absolutely mandatory clauses that would help protect me. They provided clear guidance on ways to introduce the contracts so as to create as little tension in the office as possible. Within weeks, I had custom contracts delivered, signed and returned from all different team members. What I found truly incredible was their availability- these two seem to work around the clock to get a job done. I am very pleased with the final contracts, and with how my staff accepted them.”
Testimonial from a dentist who engaged DMC LLP to put an offer on a practice and also use the Letter of Intent Wizard:
“I searched dentist lawyers on Google and DMC LLP came up. So I called and David answered, I explained that we were looking to purchase our first dental practice and needed a lawyer to help us with the offer. David was extremely helpful and gave us his 200%, I was so impressed that I did not even want to call anyone else. He was willing to work with our crazy schedule and go out of his way to help us. He even stayed on the phone with us till midnight explaining everything we needed to know to purchase our first practice. We used the Letter of Intent Wizard to draft our offer. It’s user friendly, and creates a perfect LOI tailored to your requirements. David even reviewed the completed LOI, and submitted the offer on our behalf. Although our offer was not accepted, the experience with David was an unforgettable one. I will surely be using David for all my future purchases.”
Dr. S., DDS
Testimonial from a dentist who engaged DMC LLP and used the Letter of Intent Wizard to purchase a dental practice:
“Having just purchased a practice with the help of DMC LLP, I have so many wonderful things to say in this testimonial. From day one, Michael was amazing! He explained the process (which was more complicated than I thought) and kept everything organized and on track. He answered my questions, phone calls and emails in more than a timely manner and it was comforting to know that he was available if I needed him. David and Ljubica came onto the scene later in the deal and I am grateful to have worked with them as well. The three of them are a true “dream team” and I have the utmost confidence that they have executed their legal roles absolutely perfectly. In addition to being great lawyers, they are also very caring, friendly and fun. I leave with a perfect practice deal, a dental law firm that I will continue to use and recommend to my colleagues, and a whole new appreciation for tequila (thank you Michael!).”
Dr. A.B., DDS
Read all of our testimonials here.