Pics from Annual Maple Syrup Festival in Elmira, Ontario…
On Saturday, Karen Ergus (the newest member of DMC LLP; a hygienist and our articling student) joined me in Elmira, Ontario to attend the annual Maple Syrup Festival. Here’s what I can tell you:
- Elmira is located north of Waterloo / Kitchener Guelph.
- There are approximately 11,000 people who live there.
- It was a very cold day (-20 degrees Celsius, but if felt much colder) when we went up.
- Thousands of people came from all over to attend this annual event. According to one dentist who lives there, anywhere from 30,000 – 70,000 people will attend the event.
- The people of Elmira are very welcoming and friendly (it’s a largely Mennonite community).
- Some of the food we sampled was incredible (aged cheddar cheese, apple fritters, maple burgers, and my favourite: turkey leg!). They also have apple butter, pork sausages, schnitzel and OBVIOUSLY: MAPLE SYRUP! It was hard to distinguish between all the different maple syrups that were available.
Here are some pics of Karen and I having fun at the Festival:
For the record: I had about 20 bites of that giant turkey leg. Karen was able to eat more because she’s a champion. Very tasty! I didn’t eat until the evening at the U of T Gala (next blog).
If you missed the Annual Maple Syrup Festival this year, you should definitely check it out next year! A worthwhile experience for the whole family (weather permitting).